Connetquot River State Park Preserve Historic House and Hatchery Tours
Sunday, November 5th, 2023, at Connetquot River State Park Preserve, 10:00 am - 2:00 pm EST
Cost: $6 per person for both tours. We will all pay ourselves upon entry. Children are welcome.
Meeting Place: Main House (building by the river with the flagpole in front), Connetquot River State Park Preserve, 4090 Sunrise Highway, Oakdale, NY 11769
The Connetquot River State Park Preserve is home to treasures both environmental and historic. We’ll begin the day touring the 19th-century “house” on the property, once home to the Southside Sportsmen’s Club, whose members and guests included Vanderbilts and President Ulysses S. Grant. Then we’ll hike approximately one mile through Suffolk County’s undeveloped contiguous area that holds a watershed, home to several species of trout. The hike ends at the trout hatchery, where NYS Park rangers will give our group another tour of the outdoor facilities. Nature lovers of all ages are welcomed to this beautiful and historic site! Registration is limited to the first 20 to respond.
- The trail from house to hatchery is not paved. Please wear appropriate footwear.
- The second half of the tour will be outdoors. Please watch the weather report before leaving home and bring hats, gloves, scarves, jackets as needed.
- Sunday, November 5, marks the end of Daylight Savings Time. Remember to set your clocks back. :)
- If you need assistance walking, please email Dominique Padurano at email@example.com as soon as possible. There are limited park vehicles available for those who need them.
- Please email Dominique with your RSVP and any questions until November 4.